1. These Terms and Conditions are known as the 'Rules'. The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the ScS website (www.scs.co.uk) or at ScS by A. Share & Sons Limited of 45-49 Villiers Street, Sunderland, SR1 1HA and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
2. ScS reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the ScS website (www.scs.co.uk). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of ScS shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by ScS.
4. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. ScS reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
5. The Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply.
6. Any person that is an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including ScS); or a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. ScS reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
7. The Competition is open to persons of any age, any entrant under the age of 18 must have obtained consent of their parents or guardians prior to entry into the Competition and agree to these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to ScS satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
8. ScS reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to ScS disqualifying that person, without ScS giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
9. Any entry that is deemed inappropriate by the organisers: sexual imagery, racist/hate speech, or anything else deemed offensive to others will not count as an entry and will not be eligible for any prizes.
10. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, ScS will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
11. Entries must be made by the Closing Date 13/07/2014 at 23:59 BST and in the manner set out above and on the ScS website. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
12. Entrants may enter multiple times via any of the entry methods (i.e Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine) provided each individual entry is unique and owned by the entrant. Any suspicion of passing off images from other entrants as your own can lead to disqualification.
13. There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
14. Sending post/e-mail is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or damaged. Entries will only be deemed as accepted when searchable on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine. Therefore, entries from private accounts will not be accepted.
15. Prize-winners will be selected and notified via their means of entry. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by ScS in its sole discretion in accordance with these rules).
16. Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, ScS reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason ScS reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
18. Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, not contactable, or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, ScS reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
19. First prize is one La-Z-Boy Cool 3 Seater Static Sofa and one La-Z-Boy Cool “Cooler” Chair. In the event that these prizes are unavailable, a prize of a similar or greater value will be offered. Delivery of prize is for UK mainland and within 30 miles of an ScS store. Winners will be advised of the time taken to complete the delivery, which is expected to be up to 16 weeks.
20. Second prize is a 3 seater black leather Victor sofa from ScS Sofas. Delivery is to within a 30 mile radius of an ScS store, with a lead time of up to 16 weeks.
21. Third prize is a Samsung UE42F5000 42” LED TV. Delivery to UK mainland is included within 1 calendar month. Delivery is subject to product retailer.
22. Fourth prize is one Bubble Football Match Entry Ticket. This entitles the winner to participate in a bubble football game for 90 minutes, with up to 13 other players. The winner of this prize and other participants will have to meet all costs of travel and any required accommodation. Winner will be able to choose from the following locations: http://www.bubblefootball.co.uk/locator/. Participants must meet any health criteria as defined by providers Bubble Boys Ltd and sign an injury waiver on arrival. If the winner does not meet these requirements no alternative prize will be given by ScS.
23. Fifth prize is two Alton Towers theme park tickets for one day admission. The prize must be used before 9 November 2014. The prize does not include travel or accommodation expenses and the winner must make their own arrangements.
24. Sixth prize is one Mighty Bean Bag from ScS Sofas. Delivery is to within a 30 mile radius of an ScS store in the UK, with a lead time of up to 16 weeks. Representatives of Snack Media Ltd will choose the winner of this prize from the FootballFanCast.com audience.
25. Seventh prize is one 47cm compact kettle charcoal BBQ. Delivery is included to UK mainland only, within one calendar month.
26. ScS accepts no liability to harm, loss, or damage caused to any individual as a result of winning or using one of the competition prizes.
27. ScS accepts no responsibility for any damage to self or furniture, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
28. ScS accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
29. You agree that ScS (and any third party authorised by ScS) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the ScS website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to ScS the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give ScS (and any third party authorised by ScS) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
30. ScS will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
31. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
32. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
33. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).