How to make green work for your home
Uplifting, refreshing and inspired by nature, green has become one of the most trending colours in interior design.
The beauty of this hue is its versatility and shade variety, meaning there’s something for everyone. From rustic sage green to opulent emerald green, to zesty lime and muted mint shades, there are plenty of gorgeous greens to choose from when looking for your perfect shade.
I’ve put together some handy do’s and don’ts to help you in your search for your dream green sofa:
- Do your research and find the perfect green tone for you. There are so many to choose from and each one can set a different mood for your room. Many of our ranges include fabric samples to help you decide on the best colour and fabric choice
- Select an accent colour. One of the great things about green is it works with a vast range of other colours, from calming neutrals to bold and vibrant shades. We’ll explore some of the many colours green can be paired with later in this article
- Do think about adding a bit of drama! For example, dark and patterned prints can give your room a glamorous effect. Botanical prints are a popular choice and an effective way of adding personality to your room.
- Don’t mix your interior schemes - keep to one trend to keep your living room looking streamlined. If you’re not sure, do some research and put together a mood board so you can visualise the exact look you want to achieve
- Don’t choose your sofa around your paint colour, make sure you’ve decided on your furniture first. Furniture can make a big difference to the look and feel of a room so think about what you want to achieve in your room first before shopping for your pieces
- Don’t rush your decisions! Let things evolve and find their place. Those perfect curtains you’ve been looking for to match your styling will more than likely turn up when you least expect them to – we promise it’ll be worth the wait!
Is green a good colour for a living room?
Often associated with wellbeing, mindfulness and renewal, green is linked to a whole host of beneficial properties; making it the perfect choice for your living room – a place for you to go to recharge and unwind.
This earthy tone wonderfully marries the outdoors with the indoors, something which has been a popular trend throughout the past couple of years.
Green can be integrated in a whole host of ways. If you aren’t ready for all-out green, then adding green accessories to your living room works really well and allows you to play around with different colours.
Key items like a focal chair or a green planter or even a piece of art is perfect for making a more understated impact. But, there is nothing that will bring warmth and life to any room more than just simply adding plants!
With botanical leaf prints and plants as décor being particularly popular at the moment, it makes sense that green is having a major moment.
Always think about how you’ll be living in this space for years to come.