Carpet and flooring fitting
To help make the ordering and delivery of your new carpet or flooring as easy and straightforward as possible, we have standard fitting and delivery rates for all flooring products. You can find the rates for carpet & vinyl flooring in the relevant sections below.
Once you have ordered your new carpet or vinyl flooring, we will be happy to arrange for an ScS-approved fitter to come to your home to lay your carpet or vinyl flooring, for an additional cost. To arrange for a fitter to visit your home, please give our online team a call on 0800 731 0048, or contact the ScS store where you purchased your flooring. You can find the number of the store where you placed your order at the top of your receipt; alternatively you can find a list of local store numbers here.
Please do bear in mind that your contract for having your carpet or vinyl flooring fitted is separate to your ScS contract, which covers the order for the flooring itself and its delivery. The charges for fitting your new flooring are payable directly to the fitter on the day of installation. You can find the rates for ScS-approved carpet and vinyl flooring fitters below.
Please note: we unfortunately do not fit LVT flooring.
Carpet fitting rates
- Fitting cost - £4.20 per square metre
- Agency deposit of £1.69 per square meter
- Minimum fitting charge of £63 for all room types - £84 for stair carpets
- Open plan or wrap-around stairs carry an additional surcharge of £5 per stair
Vinyl fitting rates
- £4.15 per square metre, available as dry-laid vinyl only
- Agency deposit of 60p per square meter
- Minimum charge of £49.80 - if vinyl needs sticking down over and above 15 sqm the fitting cost is £8.15 per square metre
Alternatively, you are welcome to call us and arrange your own carpet or vinyl fitter, or fit your flooring yourself.